Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 10 Lower Palisade Lake to Below Pinchot Pass

July 25th
15 Miles and 2 Passes

Mather pass was a steep pass and Joel's favorite form of climbing.    I was feeling very tired and took my time getting over this 12,000 + foot pass.     It always feels good getting over the passes and some of the passes look completely different when I compare it to my 2006 JMT hike since they were mostly covered in snow.    It is like doing a different hike altogether in some rights.    I am anxious to compare some of my pictures from the 06 to this one.  

After Mather pass it was hot and dry for quite a few miles.    This was the lowest my water supply had been for the trip and I was in a grumpy mood for sure.     When finally found a place to eat by a stream I ended up trading to 6 ibuprofen for some moleskin for my blistered left foot.     We casually walked up to Lake Marjorie and realized we had enough time to finish Pinchot pass so we knocked out 2, 12,000' passes in one day.      On top of Pinchot we met a dude from Orange County named Brian.    He ended up helping us find a camp.  

I was a little bummed when we got to camp because the Steripen that my neighbor let me borrow wasn't working.    However, the next day and until the end of the trip it was fine.    

2 passes in 2 days!    That was a personal first.











On top of Mather Pass


Looking back at Mather Pass from the South

Midpoint of the day





Lake Marjorie










Hello Pinchot Pass!





These jerks dominated two passes in 1 day



The messenger



 

No comments:

Post a Comment