Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 4 Reds Meadow to before Duck Pass Junction



Tuesday, July 17th, 2012


Day 4 Reds Meadow to before Duck Pass Junction

12 miles progress 15 miles total


Breakfast at Mule House was amazing.    My server was really nice and informative.

Had difficulty placing phone calls, my phone card didn't work.  

Talked to Joel he is going to meet me on July 20th.

More to this story later at 8:55am. I am mailing this blog...


I really enjoyed Reds Meadow and the cheer that came along with it. Leaving really was rough because Ansel Adems wilderness does a shitty job of labeling the trail. I walked 1.5 miles the wrong way, 3 miles total through mule shit and a really sandy trail. My first real negative of the trip. Also this part is depressing because it was part of a forest fire years ago so I'm walking through burned stumps and hopefully I will be back in the woods soon.

Later on it was much nicer and I actually had a decent hike. I found my groove again on the trail. It was nice to have salami and cheese for dinner. I haven't cooked dinner since Day 2. I am falling out of love with Mountain House backpacking food for sure  I am glad I put together other options compared to what I did in 06 which was the same thing everyday all the time.


Towards the end of today's hike, I had a jack rabbit encounter. Probably lasted about 5 minutes. I ended up getting some close picture. I am camped at 10,070. Sometimes at higher altitudes I have a harder time sleeping. I hope I sleep like last night.

































No comments:

Post a Comment