Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 7 Marie Lakes to Bridge 1 mile before Goddard Creek Trail Junction

July 22nd

13.3 Miles

I am pretty sure Seldon Pass is the easiest of all the passes.     When we woke up and had Coffee I felt like we blinked our way over this pass.      It was a pretty easy walk into the Senger Creek junction.   We eventually met up with Bob and Nick and walked with them to pick up our Resupply buckets at Muir Trail Ranch.        It was a fairly uneventful hike until we reached the ranch.   MTR was highly underwhelming and there System for getting our resupply buckets to us was not as great as advertised.    

They charge us $55 per bucket that we send to them but they will not allow us to use their restrooms or cook any dinner on there site.     They want to keep hikers and those that come to ride horses segregated which kind of bit my nerves.      Anyways...I enjoyed giving away whatever was left out of my Bear Barrel and taking in my new food.    I sent a can of Spaghetti O's but had to eat it cold because of their stupid rules.    

Joel hiked ahead leaving MTR and I hiked with Kyle "2 sticks or Cowboy"  When we made it into Kings Canyon National Park some storm clouds formed.     We put on our rain gear and endured a rain/hail storm.   It wasn't too bad but we had to hunker down in a grove of trees in order stay out of the elements and keep safe from Lightning.     We were hoping to get more miles but sometimes you just have to take what the Sierras give you.  


Seldon Pass 









Joel looking down from Seldon Pass
















I made sure I had plenty of Snickers and Kit Kat bars.   After 2006 JMT I truly learned the power of  Chocolate.  







Yay Kings Canyon!   The trails will actually be labled right for the first time since Yosemite.   




Close to where we hunkered down for the storm.   

We stayed at a campsite passed a bridge before Goddard Creek trail.    It was my first repeat campsite from 2006.   Kyle and a guy named Matt whom looks my friend Ryan Horns camped with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment