Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 13: 2 Miles below Forester Pass to Guitar Lake

July 28th!
20 Mile day

This was by far one of our best performances as far as mileage and elevation gain/loss.      A hard hot day started really chilly as we went over Forester Pass.   Once over the pass you know that you are starting the beginning of the end.     We hung out on Forester for quite a while and had the pass to ourselves for the first time since Seldon pass.     I loved it!    The last time I was on this pass I was much slower getting up it and felt hassled by the group I was traveling with.      I was extremely happy as this probably meant one more night on the trail.      Pizza, Salad and beer!    












Joel sitting on the pass.   Someone yelled play some Skynard!  Wonder if that has happened above 13,000' before?








As we stand behind the sign we are now in Sequoia National Park
























Joel proved the world is flat





Yup....These are poop bags.    They were never used.   Thank you Immodium !



Yup that is Guitar Lake.    To see it's shape go to Day 14!   




I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment