Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 11: 1 Mile beyond Pinchot Pass to Rae Lakes

July 26th

11 Miles

This was by far my worst day.     My left pinky toe and the pad below my left big toe were really beat up with blisters.     I stopped on the trail and taped and retaped a lot.     Not even the toe socks that I picked up from VVR were saving me from Blisters.     I was really regretting bringing the New Balance MT101 shoes on the trail.    They worked great for hikes in the Oakland Hills but not so great in the rugged terrain of the Sierra Nevadas.     Today was one of the shorter days of the whole trip but I needed it.       We stopped at Rae Lakes just short of Glenn Pass.    Joel and I hiked separate as I was not very delightful to be around on this day.      I had plenty of time to get my feet dried out and applied copious amounts of alcohol pads to dry them out.... It worked!   It worked great.   Had Buffalo Chicken Rice for Dinner.    Very satisfying.  

Joel and Brian 



Right before this bridge there was just a toilet on a hillside.   No walls!  No Stall!






Rae Lakes




No comments:

Post a Comment