Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 2 Tuolumne Meadows to Marie Lake Junction



Sunday July 15th, 2012




Day 2 Tuolumne Meadows to Marie Lake Junction

16 miles
Left 7:45am

Audrey goodbye: It was difficult saying goodbye to Audrey at TM. Probably weird for her dropping her husband off in the mountains for weeks.









Permit: I cheated and walked a day early luckily I didn't get caught but I couldn't sit at the Toulumne Meadows campsite all day. I was ready to begin my journey.




I was thinking about the book "My Side of the Mountain" as I walked through Lyell Canyon I couldn't help but think of that childhood story as I venture off for a few days solo on the JMT. Lyell Canyon was so FLAT and Peaceful.




4:25 Donahue Pass. Awesome. Bye Yosemite so much easier than 2006. NO SNOW! Wish Dave Spring could see this. Camped at 9856' past Marie Lakes.




A great first day. Ran out of daylight otherwise I would have found a flatter camp. Oh well I guess I will have to read the Hunger Games with a bit of a lean tonight.























These guys were sounding alarm of my presence pony express style!


















































Dave Spring and walked up this way in 2006. Unfortunately, it was the wrong way!




















Approaching Donahue Pass















Entering Ansel Adams Wilderness and Leaving Yosemite on top of Donahue Pass










No comments:

Post a Comment