Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 8: Bridge 1 mile before Goddard Creek Junction to 1.5 miles past Muir Pass

July 23rd 
18 Miles 

Today was the beginning of the major passes ahead.     We started at around 9,000' today and went to almost 12,000' as we went over Muir Pass.    We forded a stream at Evolution Creek and it was my only time on the whole trip wear my shoes were wet.      This was one of the harder days.    We were very worried about the storm around Muir Pass but thought it plausible to go over the pass.   I personally, would like to thank Crystal Light with Caffeine aka Mountain Crack for getting me over the pass.   Joel and I walked for about 3 hours straight trying to get over the pass.     This was the worst my feet have felt so far on the trail.     The trail was tedious and extremely rocky especially after we descended from the pass.    

We met a very haggard old woman on the way up that warned of us of the perils ahead and that we would not finish and should get off the trail.    I wonder how that is working out for her.      




Joel at Evolution Crossing.    After some thought he just walked straight through with his boots like I did with my shoes.











Hut at Muir Pass








No comments:

Post a Comment