Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 12 Rae Lakes to 2 miles below Forester Pass

15 miles 
July 27th

Glenn pass was difficult.     I found it hard keeping my breath on this 12,000' behemoth but the good news is that my feet felt great.     I was really worried about yesterday.     However, with this dry mountain air my feet are feeling great and I have very little blisters.     The hike has been pretty much straight up, straight down and then straight up again to get to camp.      We are again camping at 11,000 plus feet.    I wasn't very hungry today just had a mashed potatoes and a salmon packet.     Tomorrow is really the last pass unless you count trailcrest after Mt. Whitney.      Forester is the first pass over 13,000'.      At this point I am feeling ancy to get off the trail and get some pizza and beer but more importantly sleep in a bed and take a shower.     Be thankful you don't have to sleep in a tent with me.       















Glenn Pass Party


Glenn Pass Party!




















No comments:

Post a Comment