Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 6 Edison Trail Junction to Marie Lake

June 21st

13.5 Miles and not a bad day considering the late start because of the Ferry.  

This was Joel and I's first day on trail together.    Getting off the Ferry from Vermillion Valley was nice.   I was ready to get back on the trail for sure.    People were really drawn to the novelty of Joel's guitar on this back.   This would continue until we finished the trail.    

Bear Ridge was 1,400' hike up with a ton of switchbacks.  Since a lot of us were getting off at the same time there was a lot of traffic on the trail and the worst we would see until the last day at Mt. Whitney.     We had lunch on top of the hill and I was really happy I grabbed some solid food like cheese, apples, oysters, and jalepeno Cheezits.       Most of the day was pretty uneventful.    We eventually ran into Nick and Bob a few miles before our final Campsite at Marie Lake.    

We could see where Seldon pass was from our Campground.     We hunkered down for a cold night at 10,000 feet.  

VVR Ferry


Man.... I look like a chode.   



Joel on Bear Ridge


I was at about this spot in 2006 and the water was over my waste!

The Bear creek crossing I did here in 2006 was quite daunting and scared the hell out of me.    However, this time I simply hopped some rocks and I was dry on the other side.  


No comments:

Post a Comment